Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Worst Video Ever


When I first read the assignment for worst video I knew right away what I wanted to post on my blog for the worst video ever, Ashley Simpson. I chose her song pieces of me as the worst video of all time. I think all of her music could easily be considered the worst music of all time, but this song in particular really annoys me. Her lyrics do not even make sense, “On Monday I am waiting and by Tuesday I am fading.” I could not even watch the whole video because it was just so repulsive. I don’t even consider her a real artist. She is just a wannabe singer who is riding on her sisters coattails. I am tired of all these younger sibling’s of famous stars being given million dollar record deals. It just shows you what crud is being passed off as talent these days such as Paris Hilton, Hillary Duff, and Lindsay Lohan. And the worst part of it is she cannot even sing. It is so obvious she used vocal enhancement on her albums. Her voice is crap, no wonder she lip synced on Saturday Night Live. And what was with that weird little dance jig she did after the song replayed on Saturday Night Live? I think that is such a cop out when you pay good money to see an artist perform and they lip sync. I do not buy her story of having acid reflux disease either; it is just another poor excuse for her lack of talent. I am glad she was booed off at the half time Orange Bowl. Anyone who is a fan of her music should be punished, at least they should lose their sense of hearing because they are just going to fill their heads with crap anyways.

1 comment:

ENG001: Language & Writing said...

Hey Maddie.
I saw your post about your least favorite video and I have to agree that that is perhaps one of the worst music videos that I have ever seen. Not only does she lack talent, but she was only ever famous because of her older sister. I remember when this song was big and it was played on the radio constantly. I hated that song from the first time that I heard it but the fact that I heard it every ten minutes on the radio made it even worse. I completely agree with you on this. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving break.